Monday, December 15, 2008

Have a Nauseous Christmas

WARNING: This blog will not be grammatically perfect! If I remember to use the spell check, then everything will be spelled correctly.

My husband has a political blog that he LOVES doing daily. I thought that perhaps I could join in the fun. I created this to share my thoughts with others in hopes that it may help someone, or even make someone laugh. I don't know how funny I am, but please feel free to laugh at me. I am not at all offended! LOL :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

On top of all of the religious questions I have about this holiday (which will be the topic of a future blog), my stomach is completely upset! I have too much to do and not enough time finish it all! I have 4 kids who's presents need wrapped, plus my family's presents, cards to sign & mail, bake cookies & candy, get the teacher & bus driver's gifts together, finish decorating my house, PLUS all of my normal household chores. On top of all of this, my husband's birthday is this Thursday! STRESS! I feel my stomach gurgling even more while typing this.

If this holiday is suppose to be about Christ's birthday, enjoying family, and giving, then why do I feel like vomiting?! I think that far too much emphasis is put on making sure our children get the "perfect" Christmas experience. Make sure you get your family the "perfect" gift, and don't forget to have every one's favorite foods. Heaven forbid we forget Lindy's favorite Spinach Pie!! That's right Mom, you don't have to make it if it is too much trouble. What happen to sitting around and realizing what we have and thank God for it? This is why my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. It truly is not because my birthday is always around that time. I am at that age where they are not fun to have anymore. I LOVE Thanksgiving because my family gets together, eats tons of food, and then sits around and enjoys one another. There are no kids begging from the moment everyone has arrived if they can open their presents. The kids play, the men watch TV & talk, and the women chat together.

Well, I know that Thanksgiving is past, and I now have 10 whole days to get ready for this eventful and hectic holiday. I am preparing my stomach for all of the running around, fighting in the car cause someone forgot a present at home, then walking into grandma's pretending we are the perfect American family. Bring it on! Now, if you will excuse me...I need to find some Tums.

Merry Nauseous Christmas! :)

3 comments:

  1. This is a very stressful time of the year. But I know you can get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...save your Tums and I'll save your day...again.

    I'll move the paint cans to the corner...pile up the doors in a nice neat stack 'n have Christmas here.

    ReplyDelete