Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Next challenge...

I survived! I lived through Christmas, and I am THRILLED! I had a wonderful evening on Christmas Eve, and the gifts we gave our children seemed to thrill them! WHEW! So, now that I have that stress out of the way...what is next on the schedule for Lindy?

Weight loss! This is a subject that I have long struggled with for 10 years! Shortly after I had my son I picked up some weight. I did manage to get really thin immediately after having him, but with my struggling 1st marriage and a new baby...food was comforting. Now, I find myself just eating stuff because it tastes or sounds good. I will eat when I am not even hungry! What is wrong with me? So, I thought that if I started blogging about this new adventure, that it would help hold me accountable.

Prior to my son, I had no weight problems. I was thin, and could eat anything. Now, if I smell something..it goes straight to my hips! AWESOME! I have scoliosis, and it is very painful. This weight is not helping that either.

My plan is simple. Absolutely no diet drugs, no special diets, and NO GIMMICKS!!! I need to change my lifestyle around. I plan on eating healthier things. If I slip up now and then, that is ok...but NOT like I have been doing! I absolutely have to get my bootie up and moving! I don't get enough excercise. I have some dumb bells, an excercise ball, stairs, and the floor. I do not need to break the bank for some gym membership that I won't use anyway.

Now, here is the kicker...I have to actually implement my plan! AAAHHHHH!!! I am going to though. I just turned 30 and I don't want to waste them being heavy. I was heavy all during my 20's and this is coming to an end. So, to those of you reading this...here we go on this adventure! I will not be journaling my meals and activities, but instead I will enter my thoughts, struggles, and accomplishments along this challenge. I figured that since this is an emotional struggle, that I do not need to "weigh" in to you all...but I will let you know how many lbs I drop.

Here we go.....

1 comment: